Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Few Funnies For Today

It seems like some of my last few posts have been pretty serious, so I thought I would lighten the mood and share a few of my favorite funny Jacob moments and memories. I know I write a lot about the struggles and challenges of having a child with Aspergers, but Jacob truly is a wonderful young boy who always makes me smile and laugh each day.



At about age four Jacob really began experiencing fears at night. One night after putting him to bed, he came out concerned wanting to know how the bones were going to get out of his body and if a dog was going to eat them. (Age 4)

One morning when I was pregnant with the baby sister, Jacob and I were waiting for school and talking about when he was a baby. He wanted to know where babies came from, and I told him that before he was born, I prayed to God to send me a baby boy named Jacob. Jacob said to me, "Mommy, you better pick a different Jacob because I don't want to go back in your tummy!" (Age 4)

One night after dinner, my husband asked Jacob if he wanted to run to Target with him. Jacob answered, "Are we going to go on the sidewalk?" He thought they were actually going to RUN to the store. (Age 4)

Jacob had been acting a little naughty for a few days telling me "no" whenever I asked him to do something. I sat him down and told him I didn't want to hear him say "no" or "no way" to me again. Jacob asked me, "But Mommy, is 'No Way, Jose' ok?"  (Age 4)

Jacob asked me, "Mommy, the next time you make lemonade, can you make it without any weeds in it please?" Apparently he didn't like the pulp. (Age 4)

At dinner, Jacob was crying and throwing a fit. We told him that was how babies acted and he replied, "I am not a baby! I am a people!" (Age 4)

Jacob wanted me to play baseball with him and pitch so he could practice hitting. After I threw the first pitch, he said, "Mommy, I think you better warm up a bit first." And sure enough he made me practice my pitching before he would hit again. (Age 5)

Jacob wanted to play a made-up game he called "Do you know them?".  First he asked me, "The baby sister?" "Yes," I replied, "she is my daughter." "Ms. Meagan?" "Yes again," I said, "She was your preschool teacher." "Randy Jackson?" "Ummm....Jacob, I think you have been watching a little too much American Idol." (Age 5)

As we are putting on our coats to leave the eye doctor, Jacob yells, "Kick It!" Guess he's fighting for his right to party and has been listening to my Itunes again. (Age 5)

Jacob comes running downstairs and says to me very excited, "Mommy, mommy! I want to show you the pictures I took of the toilet!" Sure enough he had taken a ton of pictures of our bathroom and even made my husband download them to our computer. (Age 5)

Each morning at school, Jacob is throwing a fit before Kindergarten. After a week of this, I am putting him to bed and ask if tomorrow he can walk in without crying. "Sorry, mommy," he says, "We are going to have to do it the hard way again tomorrow." (Age 5)


Jacob told me that he wished he was nocturnal so we could hang out at night. (Age 6)

At Christmas time, we were driving in the van listening to Christmas music when "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" came on. Jacob was listening for the first time, and pretty soon yells out, "What! She KICKED him!" Kissed, Jacob, not kicked.  (Age 6)
]









2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blog and I have linked to it so that I won't miss any of your posts. I just started a blog myself about advocacy for children with special needs. It's a passion of mine and I have a mountain of experience, mistakes and funny anecdotes to share. I hope you'll take a look at: www.thestoryofadvocacy.com and link to my blog as well.

    I look forward to hearing your comments on my blog and to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynny, I am so happy you enjoy my blog! I will definitely go check out your blog. I love reading other people's ideas and things they have tried. I also have a facebook page.

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/What-Looks-Like-Ordinary-on-a-Crazy-Day/318117188239825

      If you start a facebook page for your blog, I will link it to mine and share with my followers on there. Thanks for reading!!! ♥

      Delete